Monday, September 13, 2010

Mario is a Proud New Dad to a GIRL, Gia Francesca!

Mario Lopez, Mary Bauer (Bratt Decor) and Courtney Mazza

Over the weekend, Mario became a proud dad to baby girl, Gia Francesca Lopez! His girlfriend and new mom, Courtney Mazza, gave birth to Gia on Saturday, September 11, weighing in at 6llb, 4 oz, in Burbank, CA. Mother and baby are doing well.

"We are so overjoyed. What an amazing, wonderful and overwhelming experience to welcome our daughter into the world," Mario told "Extra."

"Mazza is a rock star! She was so tough and so strong during the whole thing. I peeked over too much... you don't want to do that cause there was a lot going on right there. It was like a 'CSI' episode. So I went back and this beautiful baby girl came out. She's precious."

Lopez had to catch a flight from an engagement in Las Vegas to make it to Burbank in time for the birth. "Mazza called me and said 'I'm in labor,' and I thought it was a practical joke. Then when my mom and sister started blowin' up my phone and tellin' me it's really happening. There was one flight left and we had to rush to get it, and we barely made it!"

"I feel amazing!" Lopez gushed. "The whole thing is so surreal, and it happened so quick. I just want to go and stare at her, check her out and just look at her. She's chubby, and she looks so cute."

"I woke up this morning as a regular guy and going to bed tonight as a father."

Take a peek at Gia's nursery!

Credit: Extra TV

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails